Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tab in Inverse Direction

Based from my senior blog, I found some interesting tips about 'tab'. It is common to use 'tab' button to jump to the next field or just add a paragraph.

I also used to make a code look tidy when make nest statement. I usually used 4 space as a tab instead of '\t' or tab character. But got a little trouble when I have to undo the 'tab', because at least I have to press backspace button 4 times.

But actually there is some way to get 'tab' run in inverse direction:
Shift + Tab
It also work when you work in field. But there are some field that capture 'tab' character so you also need to press Ctrl button. You can press:
Ctrl + Tab, or
Ctrl + Shift + Tab, for inverse direction
Hope it can help you!

I think it can also work in my Linux Workstation.
Ref: Ubuntu Forum

3 comments:

  1. useful information, but I'm a little bit confuse about the statement "It also work when you work in field"... If you don't mind to explain it, thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I am sorry, what I mean is when you have to fill out a form--just like when you post this comment--there are some field you have to fill out, a message box, a drop down account chooser: reply as, two radio button: publish or just preview your comment. Then you can try to press Tab or Shift+Tab button instead of using your mouse to click in every single field. Hope this answer the question.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete