Friday, March 7, 2014

Installing Momentics IDE 2.0 for blackberry on Ubuntu 12.04

After, my new red Z10 LE just arrived on Wednesday afternoon, I found my desire to build an BB apps, lol. But now, I'll try to install Momentics IDE 2.0 for blackberry on my Ubuntu 12.04.


Install Momentics IDE for linux
First of all we have to download Momentics IDE 2.0 for blackberry, on blackberry developer site. Choose for linux. It's said if you use Linux 64 bit you have to install library for 32 bit.
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs 32-bit libraries
In my case, I use 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04, so I don't need this. Even I do this, it will give you error message that this package is not available on my repository.

Then, download Momentics IDE 2.0 for linux about 434 MB. It is has .bin extension. After finish download, give permitting this file so it can be execute.
chmod a+x filename.bin
then execute this file, we have momentics-2.0-201310251201-linux.gtk.x86.bin.
./momentics-2.0-201310251201-linux.gtk.x86
 Just wait for a while and it will install in /opt/ and create folder bbndk.

After-install, No blackberry device detected!

Connect Blackberry 10 device
Now, after finished, it is time to connect my Z10 device. But it won't connect. Can't find the device. So, after search for help in internet. I do the following thing:
1. Set development mode ON. It can be found on Setting>>Security and Privacy>> Development Mode
2. USB Connection: Connect to Windows. It can be found on Setting>>Storage and Access. At first someone recommend setting to Auto Detect but still doesn't know. But the other suggest this setting and seems work.
3. Create developer ID file which is bbidtoken.csk. from developer.blackberry.com after we have a vendor account, then copy it under ~/.rim/
4.  I also copy,  my author.p12barsigner.csk, and barsigner.db also in ~/.rim/.
Then, I restart Momentics IDE 2.0 for blackberry. And finnaly it can detect my device. I also can install sample apps from it. But, before you use it, you have to download the appropriate SDK for your device.

Ok, now time to develop an apps! Hope I can make it.

2 comments:

  1. Makasih mas.
    Untuk api level 10.2 instal harus online gak mas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yang di atas itu baru IDE (eclipse-nya) nya. Untuk API biasanya dia minta di update lagi sesuai dengan simulator atau device yang digunakan.

      "There are no API updates included"

      Delete